Books, articles, poetry, etc. -- related to our work, for all ages!
Subjects include forests, wildlife, stewardship practices, land conservation, environmental justice, Vermont history, community building, indigenous stories, maple sugaring, climate change, and more!
- Griffith, Cary J.: Lost in the Wild
- Mosher, Howard Frank: A Stranger in the Kingdom (Author is from the Northeast Kingdom)
- Powers, Richard: Overstory
- Proulx, Annie: Barkskins
- Roberts, Kenneth: Northwest Passage
- Brinkley, Douglas: The Quiet World: Saving Alaska’s Wilderness Kingdom 1879–1960
- Cronon, William: Changes in the Land: Indians, Colonists and the Ecology of New England
- Cronon, William: The Trouble with Wilderness
- Dagget, Dan: Beyond the Rangeland Conflict
- Dillard, Annie: Teaching a Stone to Talk
- Ehrlich, Paul and Michael Charles Tobias: Hope on Earth: A Conversation
- Elder, John: Reading the Mountains of Home
- Evans, Trevor: ForestTrees of Vermont
- Finney, Carolyn: Black Faces, White Spaces
- Fleming, David: Surviving the Future: Culture, Carnival and Capital in the Aftermath of the Market Economy
- Goldfarb, Ben. Eager: The Surprising, Secret Life of Beavers and Why They Matter
- Holland, Mary: Naturally Curious
- Jacobsen, Rowan: The Living Shore: Rediscovering a Lost World
- Jans, Nick: A Wolf Called Romeo
- Johnson, Ayana Elizabeth and Katherine K. Wilkinson (editors): All We Can Save: Truth, Courage and Solutions for the Climate Crisis.
- Johnson, Charles: The Nature of Vermont
- Kimmerer, Robin Wall: Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants
- Kolbert, Elizabeth: The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History
- Long, Stephen: More Than a Woodlot
- Raworth, Kate: Doughnut Economics
- Roman, Joe: Listed: Dispatches from America‘s Endangered Species Act
- Safina, Carl: The View From Lazy Point: A Natural Year in an Unnatural World
- Schwartz, Judith: The Reindeer Chronicles
- Snyder, Michael: Woods Wise, An Exploration of Forests and Forestry
- Tallamy, Doug: Nature’s Best Hope
- Tallamy, Doug: The Nature of Oaks
- Thompson, Sorenson, and Zaino: Wetland, Woodland, Wildland
- Trouet, Valerie: Tree Story: The History of the World Written in Rings
- Wessels, Tom: Reading the Forested Landscape
- Wilson, E. O.: Half Earth: Our Planet’s Fight For Life
- Wojtech, Michael: Bark
- Delanty, Greg: No More Time
- Dickinson, Emily: A Spicing of Birds
- Dungy, Camille 2009: Black Nature: Four Centuries of African American Nature Poetry.
- Felstiner, John: Can Poetry Save the Earth?
- Fisher-Wirth, Ann and Laura-Gray Street: The Ecopoetry Anthology.
- Goyne, Jenny (CHC Board Member): A Springtime Reflection, in 2020
- Oliver, Mary: too many to choose from!
- Budbill, David: The Bones on Black Spruce Mountain
- Craighead George, Jean: Julie of the Wolves, My Side of the Mountain, and One Day in the… (Series)
- Sears, George (Nessmuk): Woodcraft and Camping
- Blades, Anne: Mary of Mile 18
- Citro, Asia: Zoe and Sassafras (Series)
- Gray, Rita and Kenard Pak: Have You Heard the Nesting Bird?
- Kinsey-Warnock, Natalie: The Fiddler of the Northern Lights (The author is from the Northeast Kingdom)
- Mazur, Rachel: The Nature Club (Series)
- Macfarlane, Robert (text) and Jackie Morris (Illustrations): The Lost Words
- McKittrick, Erin: My Coyote Nose and Ptarmigan Toes
- Messner, Kate: Over and Under the Snow
- Yolan, Jane: Owl Moon
- Gutton, John: Bug Lab for Kids
- Winter, Jeanette: The Watcher