The Franklin County Conservation district is now accepting applications for its annual $500 college scholarship. The goal of the scholarship program is to encourage young people from Franklin County to pursue careers in sustainable agricultural and natural resources management.
Applicants demonstrating a sustained interest in agriculture, natural resources or the environment are encouraged to apply. We seek to support education in fields including but not limited to environmental studies, sustainable agriculture, storm water management, veterinary care, horticulture, urban design, botany, soil health, pest management, and weather forecasting, to name a few. Other fields such as engineering, computer programming, business, literature, art and law may also qualify if the skills will be applied to agriculture or the environment.
We support students seeking post-high school education through technical programs, colleges and universities for the pursuit of Certificates, Associates Degrees, Bachelor of Science Degrees and Bachelor of Arts Degrees.
• Current resident of Franklin County, VT, and attended at least two years of high school in Franklin Co.
• GPA of 2.5 or higher (4.0 scale)
• In the fall of 2018 will be a first- or second-year college student
• Has not previously received a scholarship from the Franklin County Conservation District
• Complete application received by September 15, 2018 including application, cover letter, transcript (unofficial is okay), documentation of college enrollment, and one or two letters of reference.