Tuesday, April 18th 5 pm Flume Demo opens, 6-8:30 pm workshop
Location: Cold Hollow Career Center, Enosburg Falls
Please register in advance. Click HERE.
Sponsored by: CHC, Missisquoi River Basin Association, Friends of Northern Lake Champlain
Contact: Bridget Butler at 802-393-4147 or email@example.com
A hands-on workshop will be held for conservation commissions, water quality groups, and planning commissions in Franklin County. Community members interested in resiliency planning, wildlife connectivity and water quality are welcome as well. Dinner will be provided. From 5-6 pm families and individuals are invited to participate in a hands-on learning session about how streams and rivers work, trying their hands as stream engineers with a model stream table. The workshop will begin at 6 pm for others.
During this interactive session you will:
- try your hand as a stream engineer, manipulating stream pathways, culverts, and bank stabilization to see what happens over time with a stream demonstration table;
- learn about the intersection between wildlife and infrastructure in river corridors;
- learn about the importance of river corridors and how towns can create a river corridor plan;
- see Agency of Natural Resources Atlas tools to aid town resiliency planning;
- be introduced to model river corridor bylaws, assistance available, and steps to adopt them
Workshop will be lead by staff from UVM Sea Grant and the Vermont Rivers Program, with support from the workshop co-sponsors including Missisquoi River Basin Association, and Friends of Northern Lake Champlain.
Please let us know you're coming by registering in advance - click here.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension work, Acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the United States Department of Agriculture. University of Vermont Extension, Burlington, Vermont. University of Vermont Extension, and U.S. Department of Agriculture, cooperating, offer education and employment to everyone without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or familial status.