DATE of Recording: January 25, 2023
WHERE: Link to Recorded Zoom Webinar - you will find time stamps in the description below the video where you can forward the video to the topic of your interest
Follow Up Resources are below:
Presenter Contacts: All presenters invite you to follow up to learn more about their programs and opportunities. Here is the promised contact list:
- Cold Hollow to Canada: Monica Przyperhart (monica@) coldhollowtocanada.org
- Vermont Land Trust: Bob Heiser (BHeiser@) vlt.org
- New England Forestry Foundation: Sophie Anthony (santhony@) newenglandforestry.org
- Vermont River Conservancy: Erin DeVries (erin@) vermontriverconservancy.org
- Vermont Department of Forests, Parks, and Recreation (including the Forest Legacy Program): Gannon Osborn (Gannon.Osborn@) vermont.gov
- Vermont Housing and Conservation Board: Bill Dellisola (bdellisola@) vhcb.org
- Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation (esp. River Corridor Easements): Staci Pomeroy (Staci.Pomeroy@) vermont.gov
- Northeast Wilderness Trust: Bob Linck (bob@) newildernesstrust.org
- Trust for Public Land: Kate Wanner (kate.wanner@) tpl.org
- Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department: Will Duane (Will.Duane@) vermont.gov
Quick Info: Who's Who Handout: Because there are so many opportunities to cover, I've put together this document that explains (very briefly) the various opportunities and groups. Please reach out to learn more!
Survey to match landowners with opportunities (NOW or FUTURE!): If you would like to explore your options for conserving land, I encourage you to please fill out this survey! This is short, and it asks questions that will allow CHC to suggest groups and funding opportunities that are most likely to match your needs and context. You do NOT have to be ready to act to fill this out! If there is any chance you'll be interested in conserving your land in the next decade, this will also help CHC to better understand what resources to bring to the region! This includes ways to help landowners understand what conservation would entail, funding that can help with the process, resources like legal assistance or family mediation, or any other ways we can help!
Thanks all, and please be in touch if CHC can help! Please know that your conservation questions can be directed to our Conservation Director Monica Przyperhart.
Original invitation below:
If you've ever thought about conserving your land, this webinar is for you. Tailored specifically to the Cold Hollow to Canada region, this event will convene just about all of the region's partners in land conservation in the same (virtual) place, at the same time. We'll discuss options such as conservation easements with non-profit land trusts, conservation easements with state and federal partners, and opportunities to establish public lands that can benefit the community. We'll go over the financial implications of each opportunity, priorities for each conservation partner, and what types of restrictions would be placed on land in each scenario.
Conservation Groups present will include:
- Vermont Land Trust
- New England Forestry Foundation
- Northeast Wilderness Trust
- Vermont River Conservancy
- Vermont Housing and Conservation Board
- Vermont River Corridor Easement Program
- Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Trust for Public Land
- An overview of opportunities offered by those not present
Cold Hollow to Canada staff and board members will be present to ground opportunities in our region.